I do feel the need to make a new beginning in 2012.
What is it about the New Year that makes us feel the urge to change?
A few changes around here:
- I have four "new" chickens we inherited from a friend. They lay the biggest eggs!
|"Big Red", "Spotty" and "Special" begging|
|The Girls Pecking (Pillow is under the deck of course)|
- I've only gotten one parking ticket this year! (Oh, it's only been 13 days?) Well, I'm making a pact to get a roll of quarters today so I'll maybe avoid another (before February anyway.)
- I want to lose the baby weight. It's only been 2 months so I'm not pushing it, but watching what I eat- doing "Lose It" again (iPhone app) and have lost one pound already. Yesterday I used practically half of my calories eating a bowl of oatmeal- did you know there are 500 calories in a cup of Scottish Steel Cut Oats? Yikes. Gave the chickens the leftover Christmas cookies to get them out of my reach. Need to go back to yoga.
- After getting the estimate to add on to this house I've decided to purge. In this market I don't know if it's worth adding up, and we can't find anything we like that isn't a fixer-upper or crazy expensive. I started on my desk area yesterday and ended up making a much bigger mess but I figure it's a start. If I can do one drawer or shelf each day it shouldn't be too bad...
|Desk (Mid way done)|
|Yikes! All this fit on the bookshelf?|
- Going to attempt stick to a budget and menu AND use my coupons. (We'll see how long that lasts.)
- Want to start something creative this year
Happy Friday the 13th!