Thanksgiving the kids begged us to go to "the cabin" again.
Of course, all the (2) cabins where we'd gone before were taken already
the owner said "I do have one new one I don't rent much you can have."
The kids were out the entire Thanksgiving week (something to be thankful for!)
so we took off into the mountains!
|Reality Ridge Cabin in Murray Community|
|Pretty Field on the Drive Up|
|Road to Cabin|
|Neat Gulley with Lots of Fossils |
|Table Set for Thanksgiving|
|Misty View from Wrap-Around Deck|
- Seeing lots of deer and hearing elk
- The kids hiking, hunting for ancient sea fossils, playing games together, making zombie movies...
- Our dog, Cole was thankful for- No Leash!
- Don't think any of us wanted to come home.
- No internet, TV reception, or cell service (which was WONDERFUL. We love these kinds of peaceful trips. You realize how much you DON'T need and what is important. The hardest part is learning to be quiet and relax.)
- Outings to Jasper to eat, buy a puzzle, and visit Emma's Junk Museum (a great junk store!)
- Hiking Lost Valley to the waterfall.
- Living in Arkansas-such a beautiful state!
- Painting together on a rainy day
- My kids and my wonderful guy