Saturday my sweet friend Alison and I went to a Cheeseblogher party hosted by the awesome Kyran Pittman.
For those you don't know (like me before I was invited) the Cheeseblogher party was set up for all of those who can't go to NYC to the big BlogHer convention this weekend.
- It was held downtown in one of the new condo buildings (GORGEOUS views B.T.W.) and made us feel very posh indeedy.
- It was a chance to feel like a grown-up (or get dress like one anyway.)
- Made me realize how "out of the mingling loop" I am- I'm so not up on my public speaking, so I felt like a bit of a dork (which I am, as those of you who know me can attest to.)
- I got to meet some GREAT fellow lady bloggers (and finally put faces to those I already loved.) How cool to finally meet locals with habits like mine and to hear why and what they blog.
- My daughter was mad because I didn't take my camera (batteries were dead from her using it) and get a pic of Alison and I wearing cheeseburger bags on our heads (which we didn't do.) Sorry kid. Maybe next time.
NOT the case here with the funny, wonderful women I met. I look forward to more Arkansas Blogging fun!
|La'Tonya, Me, & Alison Chatting (Thanks to Stickhorse Cowgirls!)|