I scored big at the market yesterday. Awesome yellow round zucchs, baby 'tatos, turnips, beautiful green beans, garlic and onions. I am really enjoying having a farmer's market that is closer to home and all organic!
I made stuffed squash out of the lovely globe zucchini's. I didn't realize they were zuch's, thought they were some sort of yellow squash- delish!
- I used 4 yellow globe zucchini (steamed in the microwave for 8 minutes)
- Cut off the tops and scoop out the insides and put in a bowl. I smashed these and drained a bit. Add to this all the below:
- Cooked germinated brown rice (I LOVE DHC brand but trying to find a local source) which I also threw in some barley grains that I had about a 1/4 cup left
- Sauteed chopped onions and garlic
- Some cooked lentils (I used Massor Gota- think they are red, but might be orange. My new favorite lentils!)
- A bit of tomato juice or sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- About 1/2 cup of grated parmesean cheese